Housewife beaten and blinded by husband drops case, says her children told her to (photo)

- A 32-year-old woman was beaten and blinded by her husband

- The husband was arrested and detained at a police command in Lagos state

- She later dropped the case after her children begged her to do so

A 32-year-old wife simply identified as, Precious, who was beaten and blinded with a cutlass by her heartless husband has dropped the charges she made against him in court.

The woman who is from Akwa Ibom state was battered by her husband because of their house-help in their home on Unity Christian street, Akesan, Igando, Lagos state.

NAIJ.com gathered that precious married her husband when she was only 14 years old because her mother had feared that she might end up going into prostitution.

According to Precious, she had endured domestic violence for 18 years. She expressed that her housemaid came to her and told her that her husband, Samuel, had beaten her up.

She said she confronted her husband and he beat her up too. She said: “Sometime last year, my housemaid told me that my husband beat her up. I went to ask him why he did that, knowing that if anything happened to the girl, I would be held responsible. “

“My husband he left what he was doing and started chasing me. When I fell, he stamped on my eye and everything went dark.”

The mother of four expressed that she needs N180,000 to repair the damage done to her eye. She said:“Doctors said I would need to undergo a corrective surgery which would cost N180,000.”

On Wednesday, April 5, Precious petitioned the Lagos state office of public defender to appeal for help for the custody of her children and provide her with legal assistance to enable Samuel to take responsibility for the children. Samuel was later arrested and detained.

According to The Punch, the woman later dropped the case against her husband, adding that her children asked her to drop the case. Samuel, who was contacted, expressed that the matter had been resolved.

Precious said: “My children said I should withdraw it. His mother also said she would die if I didn’t withdraw it. Our church also begged me. Let me leave everything to God, he will fight for me. I am looking for funds to relocate from the house because I don’t want to die before my time.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post